Cycling is a great activity for an individual. Not only are you contributing towards a larger movement which intends to make the planet a cleaner and greener place to live in, but you are also boosting your own health and fitness in the process. For those who like to bike around the city and do so on an almost everyday basis, the exhilarating feel of traversing the traffic while having beat it can get you on a much needed high while acting as a stress buster. But safety is equally important when biking through the city, so keep these few tips in mind to ensure your own safety and those of others:
- If you are riding a city bike with gears, it is important to know what gear is used for what purpose. Front gears are usually for making the big shifts in speed when there is transition to empty roads. The back gears will provide the support and make pedalling easier.
- Knowing when to brake is the most important part of cycling safely through the city. Especially if you ride a bike without gears, knowing when to and how to use the brakes is significant. It is important to use both brakes evenly for a smooth slow down, and the front brake must be handled with care and not slammed on too abruptly. Though moderating the speed before applying the brakes is a much better idea but if you need to make a sudden stop, apply equal pressure on both brakes.
- Always keep your eye on the road ahead as this will help you shift speeds and shift to the lane you want to with greater ease. Bikes can squeeze into the smallest of spaces but you do want to avoid scrapes with other transporters, hence be careful about your speed and the way.
- When going into a turn, don’t forget the golden rule of looking before you go. Avoid taking your bike to the middle when taking a turn and keep to the side you are going on; this will keep you from getting in the way of any other vehicle coming from the other side.
- Most importantly, even though you are riding through the city, it is important to have all the safety gear on. Wear a sturdy helmet and if you can, also the knee and elbow pads.
Biking through the roads something that appeals to you? Get yourself a roadster from Kross Bikes and make those daily commutes stress-free. Choose from our classic designs in sturdy builds and with superior specs to let you sail through the bustling city for a healthier planet and fitter you.
Posted By System Administrator
Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:55:59 PM Asia/Calcutta
Still wondering what to get your child for their next birthday? Or even for those great test results? A cycle should be on the top of your list if you haven’t already introduced your kid to the wonders of the activity that cycling is. Cycling is not just the best physical activity to engage children in; getting them started young on biking can be significantly important for their overall growth. Experts around the world are urging parents to teach their kids to cycle and here are the top five reasons why:
- Cycling is a fun activity for children to indulge in. Whether it is a toddler starting out on their tricycle or a more grown up kid learning to cycle without the support wheels, cycling is a lot of fun whether done alone or with friends.
- Who would have thought but cycling can make children more independent and confident. Research points out that children who travel through the neighbourhood and to new places on their cycles grow up to be more confident in their outlook towards new things and are more inquisitive and creative in their thinking.
- No points for guessing but riding a bike can do wonders for the health of the children in their growing up years. Cycling to school, to the park, with family or friends can cut down on the risk of obesity in young children and make them more active and fit in their daily life.
- Cycling is supposed to boost the production of endorphins in the body which means it can impact the mental health in children as well, making them happier and helping their learning ability as well. Cycling also activates the hippocampus which improves the memory in young children.
- Cycling is a good way to spend quality time with your children. Teaching children to ride a bike is a great way to bond. Take your children on a cycling trip, on a vacation or on a picnic and have fun.
Now that we have managed to convince you about the benefits that cycling can have for children, why not explore the fun range of kids’ bikes from Kross Bikes? A specialist in manufacturing innovative pro bikes, Kross offers colourful, smart, safe bicycles and tricycles for children, both young boys and girls. Get your child a Kross Bike and watch them cycle their way to better fitness, health and more fun.
Posted By System Administrator
Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:55:33 PM Asia/Calcutta
Women and cycling are not words often associated together. But in recent times, more and more women are taking to cycling as a healthy option, if only in the gym. Now it is time for women to make the transition from stationary cycling to hitting the road on a mode of transport that is not only healthier for the body but also for the planet. And no matter how old you are; cycling is always a fun activity that will get you in shape and also help you become more active.
Especially since a lot of women complain about not getting enough exercise through the day on account of their rigid routines, cycling can be a great way to incorporate physical activity through ordinary means. Just ditch your car and get your biking gear out even when you need to get some grocery shopping done. The daily commute to work can become a healthy activity if you switch the motorized wheels for the bike.
Cycling can be a great boon for those who want to stay fit and shed those calories. Cycling is a great cardio workout for women of all ages and rapidly burns the fat while improving muscle coordination. It also tones the overall body much better than any other exercise and is a complete workout on its own, hence preferred by women all over the world. At the same time, cycling boosts energy, leaving you more active through the day.
As one gets older, cycling is also one of the safest activities for fitness to follow, if of course, done with the due precaution. Stick to a good speed, get all your safety gear on and choose a road that is just the right stretch with uphill and downhill patches without too many bumps and you’ll exercise your body at a pace of your choosing. Cycling is also good for keeping the joints fit as one advances in age while also keeping in check the cholesterol and blood pressure, which are two of the major concerns for women where their health is concerned.
If not for anything else, take up cycling because it is good for the planet. And Kross Bikes’ cool range of lady bikes are just the perfect accessory to get you going on your cycling effort. Choose from an extensive range of bikes especially designed for women, both amateurs and pros and get set on the road to better health, fitness and enjoyment.
Posted By System Administrator
Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:55:06 PM Asia/Calcutta
A vacation to the mountains can never be missed by those who like the company of nature and uphill terrain to get their mojo back. But a biking trip through the mountains? Not only is the experience of mountain biking unique, it’s an invigorating journey every person must undertake at last once in their lifetime, no matter whether they are a biking enthusiast or not. And with India full of scenic picturesque mountains through all directions, we’ve picked out the 5 trails through the majestic mountains you can explore:
- Manali – If you are a biking enthusiast, then you can’t miss out on a trip through Manali, the ‘mountain biking capital of India’. Located towards the end of the Kullu valley in Himachal Pradesh, Manali is right in the way of some of the most adventurous moutain biking trails leading all the way up to Leh.
- Spiti Valley – Another route up through the mountain ranges that run through Himachal Pradesh, the bumpy roads in the Spiti Valley come with picturesque settings that are a treat for the thrill seeking mountain bikers. Buddhist monasteries dotting the trail add to the appeal of the trail.
- Munnar – All the way down south is the beautiful hill station of Munnar in Kerala which is set amidst lush tea estates in the Western Ghats. The man made trails on this route are true bliss for novice as well as experienced rides looking for time away from the urban hustle bustle.
- Sikkim – The ups and downs on the magnificent route in Sikkim from Siliguri from Gurudongmar is full of inspiring scenery with the Kanchenjunga peak overlooking the trail. From wooded forests in the West Bengal to the rapidly escalating heights up the Tibet border, the Sikkim trail is one to explore on your bikes.
- Leh – The one place that has to be the ‘Mecca’ for mountain biking enthusiasts, Leh offers some of the most scenic and adventurous routes for cyclists. The route is dotted with bumpy terrain and some of the most beautiful lakes that serve as a retreat for the bikers.
Explore unchartered and adventurous mountain terrains with Kross Bikes, a name that brings together quality, performance and revolution in the world of cycles. Our mountain bikes are designed using state of the art technology for enduring durability, high performance and seamless movement through the bumpy terrains for use by pros and novice mountain bikers. Explore the complete range to find your ideal match.
Posted By Joe Blogs
Monday, September 6, 2010 6:28:34 PM Asia/Calcutta
You’re all set to go pro on the biking route, but it is not just enough to get a professional bike and getting started on bumpy and adventurous terrain. If you are a biking enthusiast and serious about your cycling, you’ll also need to know the hacks to maintain your bike to ensure it gives you a smooth ride all through. We made you a list of tips and tricks to help you keep your bike in top shape so you can experience the thrills without a worry:
- Always keep a tool belt/pack handy when riding or even when your bike’s parked in the shed. A few basic tools will go a long way in ensuring you are never in trouble if any trouble occurs on the road.
- Cleaning the bike is a no-brainer but make sure you wash clean every surface on the bike to keep off the additional weight that may come from mud being accumulated in areas that are hard to reach. Hose off the entire surface area through and through and wipe everything later to prevent the moisture from getting in the cables. Use a dirt repellent on the tires, braking surface, saddle and bars to keep them from getting too muddy.
- To keep the bike looking neat in the front in spite of all the cables running through, use bike tape to secure them. Make sure not to wrap them too tightly though or they could damage the cables. Smart tip – pull back the tops and push forward the drops.
- Tuning gears is important to keep the bike in perfect shape and for a safe ride. To give the gears a quick tune, put the bike in its top gear, and turn the pedals till the chain goes into the smallest cog. Then remove the derailleur to put the cables back in their right cogs and ensure that the chain sits comfortably in its place, then refit the gear cable and you are good to go.
Still planning on finding that perfect pro bike to suit your requirements? Explore the hi-end bikes from Kross, one of the most trusted names in the country for top notch high performance bikes for professionals and cycling enthusiasts. Made using state of the art technology in the best facility, Kross’s pro hi-end bikes are the perfect match for those who take their cycling experience seriously and make the most of every ride.
Posted By Joe Blogs
Monday, September 6, 2010 12:58:34 PM Asia/Calcutta